North Market Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 13
The North Market is declaring the arrival of October as the official start of “Autumn Pie Season”! With the abundance of favorite Fall baking items including apples, pumpkins and all manner of squash, it’s the perfect time for the North Market Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 13.
This festival is a fun one for the kiddies with a plethora of activities and entertainment. Mark Wood will be twisting balloon animals and executing fancy rope tricks. Rita Miller will be on hand for fanciful full face painting. The Columbus Artmobile will have crafting activities for youngsters. Joy Unspeakable, the living statue, will be in character as “The Scarecrow” to delight farmer’s market customers. With live music on the porch all day as well, there are bountiful options to be entertained.
Do you bake an exceptional pie? Enterprising customers have a couple of opportunities to take home a prize in our Harvest Festival baking contests. In the pumpkin and apple pie contests, entrants are invited to submit their favorite recipe for judging. Each pie competition winner will receive $100 in North Market gift certificates. Second place will receive $50 in North Market gift certificates. Participation is limited to 12 entries per contest. To register or for more information, please email email@example.com.
Scheduled Harvest Festival activities include:
- Farmers’ Market and North Market merchants open at 8 a.m.
- Market to Market breakfast in the Dispatch Kitchen, 8 – 10 a.m.
- Live music by Slate Ridge (bluegrass), 9 – 11 a.m.
- Free pumpkin cookies for the kids, courtesy of Mozart’s Bakery, 10 a.m.
- Face painting, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Kids crafts with Columbus Artmobile, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Mark Wood Cowboy Fun Show, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Live music by Gipson and Fitz Trio, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Joy Unspeakable, the living statue as The Scarecrow, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Pumpkin Pie contest, 1 p.m. in the Dispatch Kitchen
- Live music by The Folkwood Players, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Apple pie contest, 2 p.m. in the Dispatch Kitchen
- Live music by The Savory Chickens, 3-5 p.m.
The North Market Harvest Festival begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, October 13 and is a free event. For more information or to sign-up for any of the contests, please call the North Market at (614) 463-9664 or visit www.northmarket.com.