Resident Profile – Ed Leonard
1. What is your full name and its origin, or how was it given to you? Are you named after anyone? Do you have any nicknames?
EL: Edward Leonard, but I go by Ed. I’m of Irish & German descent. I was named after my uncle Ted
2. How old are you?
3. Where do you live in Harrison West? Do you own your house or rent?
EL: Rent a home at 573 Bradley St. My street ends at the River
4. If you own your house have you done any significant renovations to it? Please describe.
5. How long have you lived in Harrison West?
EL: 3 ½ years
6. What brought you here (HW) and where did you live before?
EL: I lived in the area of Columbus near Easton. I moved to Harrison West at the suggestion of a friend and love the neighborhood.
7. Where were you born and where did you grow up?
EL: Born & raised in Youngstown, Ohio
8. How did you end up in Columbus if you are not from here?
EL: After 4 years in the U.S. Army as an Army lawyer, I decided to settle here in Columbus because of the growth and opportunity.
9. Did you go to college? If so, where and what did you study?
EL: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a law degree from Cleveland State University
10. What do you do for a living? How did you end up in that occupation?
EL: I’m the Franklin County Treasurer. I’ve served in County government for nearly a decade when my predecessor, Richard Cordray, was elected State Treasurer. I had worked for him for 4 years in the Treasurer’s Office. When the vacancy occurred, I sought the appointment and was appointed in 2007. I was elected in 2008 and re-elected in 2012.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
EL: Exercise, concerts, community service work
12. Do you have any pets? If so what are they and what are their names?
EL: I do not have any pets.
13. What do you like about living in Harrison West?
EL: Great walkable neighborhood, great restaurants and other amenities right nearby. Another plus is that the neighborhood is close to work.
14. What are your favorite places to go out? Do you frequent any of the neighborhood businesses?
EL: My schedule doesn’t permit a whole lot of free time, but I have frequented some of the local businesses. I look forward to trying even more.