North Market Hosts its First Coffee Roast on March 31
The North Market hosts its first Coffee Roast on March 31 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring 12 local Columbus, Ohio coffee roasters. The celebration includes coffee tastings and demonstrations, hands-on open espresso bar, live music and a home roasters competition.
Admission to North Market and the demonstrations is free. Coffee tasting admission is $5 and includes a souvenir coffee mug (while supplies last) and a passport to sample coffee with each of our participating roasters.
North Market Coffee Roast Schedule of Activities:
• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Coffee Roast tasting activity and demonstrations in the Dispatch Kitchen
• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., “Open Bar”, practice with a professional Barista on our espresso machine in the Dispatch Kitchen
• 9-11 a.m., live music by the Shaw Brothers
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., live music by Ira Chaiffetz (banjo)
• 11-11:40 a.m., demonstration: “Comparative Tasting: Profiling and Regional Differences” in the Dispatch Kitchen with Dave Eldridge and Brandon Bir of Crimson Cup Coffee.
• 12-1 p.m., Home Roasters Competition. Bring a pound of your custom-roasted coffee beans to the North Market for evaluation by our expert panel of judges. The winner will receive $50 in North Market gift certificates, green beans for home-roasting and more! Judged by Backroom Coffee Roasters, Café Brioso, Crimson Cup Coffee, Impero Coffee and Thunderkiss Coffee. Email email@example.com to register.
• 1-3 p.m., live music by Miss Molly
• 1:30-2 p.m., demonstration: “Home Brewing” in the Dispatch Kitchen with Andy Luck of Luck Bros’ Coffee House
• 3-5 p.m., live music by Elijah Aaron
Participating local roasters include:Backroom Coffee Roasters (Upper Arlington), Bexley Coffee Shop (Bexley),Café Brioso (Downtown), Caffé Apropos(Harrison West), Crimson Cup Coffee(Clintonville), Impero Coffee (Short North), Luck Bros’ Coffee House(Grandview), One Line Coffee(Granville), Silver Bridge Coffee Company (Gallipolis), Stauf’s Coffee Roasters (Grandview), Thunderkiss Coffee (Columbus) and Upper Cup Coffee(Olde Town East). Representatives from each roaster will be present to answer questions about their coffees and techniques. What goes better with coffee than milk? Hartzler Family Dairy and Snowville Creamery will also be on hand to offer a splash of dairy in your cup of joe if that’s how you take yours.